From mid-July things will be slightly different at Douneside House. Following the changes required in light of the Covid-19 outbreak, and to ensure the highest possible safety measures for our guests and team, we are changing the way we operate. This means our main building (including our hotel bedrooms, restaurants, bar and public rooms) will remain closed for now.
However, some good news! Our holiday cottages and apartments are available to book direct with us between mid-July to 30th September 2020 on our special Douneside Getaway tariff (see tariff below). Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner can be delivered daily to your door. It may not be our usual award winning, three rosette Douneside dining experience, but our Douneside Chefs will prepare fresh and delicious, home cooked meals each day - perfect after a long walk in the beautiful countryside. Our delivered meal service will be available 7 days per week with arranged time slots and contactless ordering and delivery. See a sample menu here.
Our Getaway Tariff includes:
- A stay in one of our on-site holiday cottages and apartments (minimum of three nights applies). All our cottages and holiday apartments have en-suite bedrooms, a small kitchenette, and a private patio area with outdoor dining furniture. See our range of holiday cottages and apartments here
- During your stay, we won't provide our usual daily housekeeping service (to ensure social distancing) but your cottage will be well stocked with lovely toiletries and towels prior to your arrival (and can be topped up throughout your stay on request)
- Each cottage and apartment has a full set of crockery, glassware and other utensils for in-room dining
- Our Health Club may not be open, but guests will have private access to our Royal Horticulture Society Partner gardens. Guests can also use our tennis court, or enjoy a game of putting or croquet on the lawn. There are lots of fantastic short or long walks direct from your doorstep without having to travel anywhere by car
- On sunny days, our terrace will become an outdoor bar, with socially distanced tables and our full range of drinks on offer. It's a wonderful spot to enjoy the glorious views across the infinity lawn.
- Dogs are welcome - a one off fee of £25 per dog/stay applies.
- Bottles of wine or beer can be delivered to your cottage or apartment with your evening meal
- Breakfast, packed lunch or dinner is arranged separately and can be ordered any day you choose during your stay (you don't need to decide until the night before). There will also be a children's menu option available.
There will be no cancellation fee for bookings cancelled by 5pm the day before arrival. Credit card details will be required to secure the booking but no advanced payment will be taken. In the event of a no show, the equivalent first night fee will be charged.
To make a reservation you can check availability and book via our website (you need to select a minimum of 3 nights) or email email@example.com
All bookings for the Douneside Getaway option will be classed as provisional, as the ability to re-open, even in this limited way, will be dependent on the Scottish Government announcing that we have reached “Phase 3” of their Covid-19 recovery plan by mid-July. This is because it is not until Phase 3 that travel out-with the local area is permitted. If we haven’t reached Phase 3 by mid-July then we will unfortunately need to remain closed.